Mochudi Center Chiefs have recently gone through their transformation progress and the have been awarded a certificate of incorporation by the Companies and Intellectual Properties Authority (CIPA).

The team has hit the ground running and have appointed Dirang PTY Ltd as their management company for the next 6 years, with a stake of 70 percent available for the incoming investor.

Moreover, the club has appointed new coach, Philmon Makwengwe to takeover as the coach and will look to help the team towards promotion as he has previously done with several other teams such as Prisions XI.

Despite this, the internal cracks continue to appear in Kgatleng as supporters' faction has emerged in efforts to prevent the team from transforming into a company.

Former Mochudi Center Chiefs chairman, Edwin Mothulatshipi was forced to resign from his position following the internal wrangles that erupted.

Narrating the events that led to the team being turned into a company, Mothulatshipi said they were given the green light by BFA to start privatization of the club and get rid of the society, a resolutions which was agreed at an AGM in September which the Botswana Football Association (BFA) and Kgatleng Football Region Association (KFRA) endorsed and approved.

In the process they settled for a model in which there will be 10% shares for elders, 10% for Supporters and 10% for founders while 70% would be reserved for an investor in Mochudi Centre Chiefs PTY Ltd.

The 10% held by supporters was to register Magosi PTY LTD, the 10% elders/founders was to register Maaparankwe PTY Ltd combined into 20%. Saxton Kowa who is the Company Director holds 10% of the elders stake.

Mothulatshipi holds the 10% for supporters (Magosi PTY Ltd) which is still a society and is the same which elected an interim committee last week at Segale.

Mothulatshipi said the BFA gave them allowance to finish the 2021/2022 season as a society then they will adopt the company model once the season is over.

However, the Kgatleng based giants supporters called an urgent special assembly at Segale Primary in Mochudi. The other faction believes that the team should not be a company.

However, Mothulatshipi believes that the interim committee was not voted accordingly and does not understand its purpose now that the team has been registered as a company.

“We need to understand the purpose of the committee, the reasons why it was voted and the purpose it will serve, you have to wonder where is the BFA at this point,” he stressed.

Magosi were recently granted a certificate of incorporation by CIPA, which means they now operate as Mochudi Center Chiefs PTY Ltd therefore Mothulatshipi believes that the committee elections hosted is unlawful and cannot run a company.

The deliberations at the AGM claims that Mochudi Centre Chiefs Sporting Club, still exists as a society and attempts to dissolve it failed because certain procedures were not met or followed.